Friday, October 23, 2009

The silence within the headphone...


Saiseki Hirari

静寂はヘッドフォンの中 by See-Saw is among my favourite Japanese songs and also one of the image songs for my (non-existent) story Hanne Monogatari. This was done July this year (also while I was in Les Copaque). I accidentally overwrote the original size file. *bangs head on desk* I didn't put much effort in cleaning this up - you can see how uneven my markering is thanks to the scanner enhancing every tiny bit of flaw. 
I was surprised I drew her toes quite well here. I suck at that usually.

I like drawing emo poses.

Translated the song myself since no translations were found at the time this entry was written. Naturally, there are probably lots of errors. I tried my best. 

---


Gradually fading from being something of importance
“It is only natural.”
So, I was told
The silence wraps around my lone headphone
As I search for your voice.

Your honest remarks, thrown straight at me
"It happens all the time."
I got through them with that single word

“Please split whatever burden you’re carrying in half.”
Why was it that I couldn't seem to say it? 

Back then, my feet were always getting soiled
in order for me to stand my ground 
It was perhaps still far too early to speak of kindness

The more we lay bare our feelings 
the closer we might come to find tranquility 
Is it that we shatter a beautiful scenery 
out of fear for something?
I don’t understand it myself

Why are you here?

2 comments:

  1. Aww This is a beautiful piece and it really goes well with the song (btw, I'm addicted to it now). The overall pose and the composition is stunning.

    I'm a bit relieved to know that I'm not the only one who has image song for original story. haha. x'D Thank you for sharing this beautiful song!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ykano

    Lol, you made me so happy. xDD I thought this was really ridiculously simple and you surprised me with the compliment. Thank you~ <33

    Oh, I think image songs and original stories just go hand in hand. I have a secret Hanne fanmix somewhere in the depths of my HDD. LMAO~ 8DDDDD I'm glad you liked the song. I'm rather proud that, while being a Kajiura piece, it's relatively obscure. Hehe~

    ReplyDelete